Friday, March 16, 2012

Learn as You Go Business with Freelancers

Online Home Business Learning

It has taken me over a month to fix up my other website and after doing so I wonder why we were given a page rank at all. Oh my gosh, I was a wingnut freelance hiring twit.

I've gotta say that I need to pay much closer attention when I have people do writing for me. Don't just assume anything, you must check all of the work yourself. If you are going to give them direct post access make sure that all you need done is clear in their mind.

So to that, I will have to admit that I have lost a great amount of time that I could have used for creating content; so it's money lost. I also had a couple of articles or more written that were repeats of what I already had, but that's also my own fault. Categorize and specify exactly what you want when hiring out and do not settle.

If you can't find what you need on one freelancing site go to another, to that you can even go to FiversWorld.com. In my opinion it is not an easy task to find a writer who can write in your style and provide you with the content that you have in mind. I have been perusing the sites and see some of the earnings totals and that leads me to assume; Must be good, they made all that money. Yeah, baloney.

Really I'm not all that upset about it anymore, but I have learned my lesson. When paying for work, Make sure they know what you want exactly. Surely I could have said 'no, that's not what I want and that is a duplicate' but holey camoley I don't like to hurt others feelings. So, if you're like me, put down in writing exactly what you want beforehand and make sure they understand it; Do this in detail.

Some Freelancers charge a lot of money, perhaps it's worth it. But if you are using the content on the internet, doesn't it all need to make the search engines happy? Of course this probably does not apply if you are Amazon, Google or Ebay because they're just there and we automatically go there anyhow.

It can be a bit time consuming people but take a quick look at the keywords you want to use, head on over to Google Keyword Tools and at least look how high the competition is. Don't attempt to use keywords where the competition is high, it's just not worth it to us little guys.

I plan to do Freelance work myself in the near future and perhaps all of this extra work has been beneficial so that I do not cause this problem for future clients. As they say, there is always a reason behind every learning exercise.

As to the photo you see at the top of this post: This is a piece of work that I have done and went as far as framing it myself. This is another business most of us know that we can get into. Selling your artwork can be hard but if we're patient and people like what we have to offer, there is a fairly good chance of selling some. Freelance ArtWork as a home business, wouldn't it be ideal?

Yes, that's a paint by number but hey, I think it looks fantastic! Surely was not the greatest photo I took of it but, I think it gets the point across.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Someone You Loved Song - Lewis Capaldi

The song "Someone You Loved" by Lewis Capaldi has struck a chord with millions of listeners around the world, and it's not har...